Thursday, July 6, 2017

Guest Designer - Jennalee Anderson

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the current challenge, In the Good Old Summertime. Jennalee Anderson of The Papered Soiree was the top pick from the Something Old challenge.


Hi!! I am so honored to be here as Guest Designer for the In The Good Old Summertime! Challenge.

My name is Jennalee Anderson. I live in the Salt Lake Valley with my husband and our newly adopted dog, Pepper. I’m a self-proclaimed mixed media artist and spend most of my free time in my studio making messes. My current love is combining paper and textiles in my projects with lots of messy stitching.


As with most projects these days, my first thought was how can I incorporate some stitching into this piece? While perusing Pinterest for some Summer inspiration I thought it would be fun to stitch up a little vintage inspired bathing suit. I love the charm and character of vintage suits so that’s where I began. 


I went thru my fabric stash and ran across this great print from Tim Holtz’s Correspondence line from Eclectic Elements. I wanted a way to display it and came up with the idea to make a little stand for it from a dowel rod and a vintage spool. 


Using bits from Tim’s Snippets ephemera pack completed the piece by telling a story of a day at the beach. I finished the spool off with some muslin wrapped around and tied on a little vial bottle filled with some sand.

* * *

What a fun vintage project Jennalee has made to share with us!  If you want more details, pop over to her blog and then come on back and join us for the challenge, which can be found here and runs until 11:55 pm EST on July 18th.

8 comments:

  1. This is SO MUCH FUN Jennalee!!! I love the use of the Eclectic Elements fabric and addition of ephemera to bring it all to life. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Jenny!! Eclectic Elements is one of my all time favorite fabric lines so it was an easy choice. It was such a thrill to be part of this beautiful blog.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Jennalee! This is so stinking creative! I love that vintage suit and how you've displayed it is so clever! Thank you for being our Guest today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara!! If you only knew how long it took me to think of such a simple stand. Haha!! Thank you for having me on the blog today.

      Delete
  3. Love this!! Perfectly Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennalee, thank you so much for joining us and for sharing this sensational project! I love the dimension and design completely! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Thank you for joining us as a GD for the challenge. I love the sandy setting to your sweet old fashioned swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete