Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Focus - Idea-ology

It is Cec here and today I am presenting the Friday Focus segment and it is all about Idea-ology.

I have made a couple of cards to show you the versatility of the Idea-ology line of products.  Of course you too will need some Idea-ology products to create with so they will be on our Friday Focus sale at The Funkie Junkie Boutique with an additional 15% off - that's a total of 35% off retail - from now through October 26th.  Editor's Note:  Friday Focus 15% off does not apply to the new Christmas Idea-ology collection in our New Arrivals Tab.


Of all the different things you can get in this line of products, I love the paper pads and decided to use the one called Dapper to make this masculine card for my husband's birthday.

I started with some Kraft card stock from Michaels for the blank and added a panel of ticking paper for the background that was distressed and inked on the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Next I put together a small panel using three different papers, distressed them and added it with some dimensional foam tape in a "U" shape to provide a pocket for the tags.


I cut tags from two of the paper patterns, distressed them, added reinforcements that were also coloured with the Vintage Photo DI and then some burlap string.


There is also a stamp set to match this paper pad so I used some Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp the vintage ad and four copies of the hat.  I gave the hat some shape with a large embossing tool and mounted them across the little panel with some dimensional foam dots.


Next I altered some of the Idea-ology metal embellishments by  colouring them with a mixture of Rust Alcohol Ink, Copper Mixative and Blending Solution.  The token was added to the key with a jump ring.  I adhered the metal embellishments with IndigoBlu Super Thick Slap it On.


I also made a Christmas card with a few of the products.  This card started with some Recollections card stock for the blank and then I added some Graphic 45 paper from the St. Nicholas collection.

I made a panel from card stock that I ran through the Sheet Music embossing folder and then inked with some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.


The Santa image is from the Found Relatives - Occasions collection and I have gone over it with Vintage Photo DI to give it a more aged look.  Next I added a word band from the Christmas set that I altered with a mixture of Cranberry Alcohol Ink, Gold Mixative and Blending Solution.  Some gold brads from Making Memories were added to each end of the word band.  The sentiment on the band is a bit difficult to see in the photo but it says "believe in the magic of christmas".


The snowflakes were cut from card stock using the Tim Holtz Paper Snowflakes die and then painted with DecoArt Champagne Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint.  A teeny button from my stash was added to the centre of each snowflake.  Finally I added one of the Holiday Flashcards and a bow from gold crochet ribbon that was tied together with some Artistic Wire.

I hope you will take advantage of the current sale on Idea-ology products (sale does not apply to New Arrivals) to add to your stash and perhaps to create something to share with us.  There are all sorts of new items now in stock, so act fast so you don't miss out.

These products used to create the cards came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

5 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love how you used the paper & stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, your cards are wonderful, I particularly love the Dapper one and the way you used those bowler hats - the Idea-ology embellishments are the perfect finishing touch! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used the Sapper collection, Cec! These are such great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Handsome Dapper card with the perfect embellishments. Love the Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards Cec! The dapper one is awesome and the Christmas card is beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete