Thursday, August 11, 2016

Guest Designer - Donna Billek

It is time to introduce a new Guest Designer. Please say hello and give a warm welcome to Donna Billek of Inkysplatters.  Donna was the Design Team's Top Pick for the All in the Family challenge.


Hello! I am incredibly excited but also deeply humbled at being asked to be a guest designer on the Frilly & Funkie blog! The challenges are fun, the design team is amazing, and those of you who submit your projects to the challenges are inspirational. Never in a million years did I think I would have a featured project and blog post!

I am married to the best guy in the world -- we are well into the double digits of years together and I hope to have many more decades to go! He’s an Englishman and he is incredibly loving and supportive and is truly my best friend. My children are furry – all cats who have been rescued from abusive situations or abandoned. Together we live in Colorado and marvel at the beauty of the mountains and foothills we look at every day. Oh, yeah, I’m a marathon runner and I have a pretty demanding job as a prosecuting attorney.

I started scrapbooking a number of years ago but didn’t start stamping or do anything considered mixed media until about 18 months ago when I bought my first set of distress products from the Funkie Junkie Boutique. It has been a whirlwind of learning new techniques and my craft room now has places for texture pastes, acrylic paints, archival inks, and a number of stamps and dies! Each time something new comes out I have to do a reorganization of my craft room so that everything fits! I’m sure I’m not alone in this “habit” of reorganization!



"For this current challenge, It’s a small, small world, I had to create something small – much smaller than my other projects. I settled on the idea of creating a bird house. So, off to my craft room…I literally started with a piece of chipboard and an idea. I settled on a set of Blue Fern Studio papers that I stumbled across while looking for woodgrain type papers for another project. Of course, the prototype was a teensy bit over 4 inches so back to the drawing board. The finished project (the second version….) is just under 4 inches high and 4 inches wide. It’s a really small birdhouse coming in under the wire at a height of 3 7/8 inches and a width of 3 5/8 inches! That includes the pedestal feet with the height and the width includes the roof edge to roof edge.

Thank you for the Frilly & Funkie team for their kind comments over the last 18 months! A huge thank you to Linda at the Funkie Junkie not only for sponsoring the challenge blog but for her support, guidance, and kindness beginning from my very first order. And thank you to my beloved who encourages me, supports me, and loves me no matter if I have texture paste in my hair or not!"


* * *

We encourage you to pop over to Donna's blog and check out all the details of this sweet little bird house and then come on back and share your teeny project.  You have lots of time as the challenge doesn't end until August 23rd at 11:55 pm EST.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic to find out more about you Donna and thrilled to see you here as our Guest Designer this week. I love your beautiful tiny birdhouse - so small yet so much fun detail! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable and so very beautiful with lots of detail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things related to birds, so this darling project strikes a chord for me ! My husband owns his own roofing company, so I am very impressed with your shingled roof. What a great way to go small! Thanks for being our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you, and thanks for sharing your artistic journey! Love your birdhouse, it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful little bird house Donna ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous altered project Donna! Wow, this is amazing and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GD spot Donna! Your project is fabulous and wow, so many amazing details!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the charming birdhouse. Very happy to have you guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete