Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Focus on Spellbinders!



Hello crafty friends! Nancy here, and I'm thrilled to be hosting this week's Friday Focus on Spellbinders!

I'm a long time fan of Spellbinders Dies. They're gorgeous, reasonably priced, and easy to use with almost any die cutting system. Spellbinders allow you to cut, emboss, and stencil with a single die template. The variety of shapes and designs are seemingly endless. You can't ask for more than that!

And now for the frosting on the cake... for the next two weeks Linda is offering and additional 15% off all Spellbinders products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

I've created a few 'thank you' tags and cards to showcase the versatility of these dies. Since not everyone owns numerous dies I thought I would demonstrate a variety of combinations that are possible from just a few sets. My die collection is minimal. I used only four sets to create the pieces for this project.

I started with a base tag created with a Tim Holtz die. The beautiful Maja Design papers are distressed, layered, and stitched. The tag below is embellished using Spellbinders Romantic Rose and Spiral Blossom One dies. The Spiral Blossom die is one of my all time favorites. I love flowers and put them on everything. If you're a flower lover just starting your collection this die should be among the first you purchase. I would also recommend adding at least one each of some type of circular, oval, rectangular, and square shape for the greatest diversity. 

All of my die cuts are popped up with foam tape to add dimension.  


The second tag is also embellished using Spellbinders Romantic Rose and Spiral Blossom One dies. The difference with this tag is the layering of two different designs from the Romantic Rose set. You'll notice the size of my die cuts look different from the photos on the die packages. That's because I like to cut them down and adapt them to smaller projects. I'm always finding ways to use them in bits and pieces. 


A sentiment, liquid pearls, and ivory twine give everything a sweet and shabby finish. 


The circle cards are cut and layered with two dies from Spellbinders Triple Tear set, then finished off in a similar method as the tags. 


I geared this for beginners who are new to Spellbinders. These are just a few simple examples of the countless ways to use these elegant dies. When I was first introduced to Spellbinders I found the selection to be almost overwhelming. You don't need to own every single die to begin designing with them (though it would be great fun to own them all)!   

Thanks so much for joining me today. Don't forget to visit The Funkie Junkie Boutique to take advantage of the additional 15% discount on Spellbinders products. Also, remember to take a peek at our latest challenge here at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog. If you haven't had a chance to join in yet it's time to head to your craft space and start creating!

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy you've done it again!!! I LOVE what you create with these intricate dies. Seeing how they can be shaped and layered together is so inspiring. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly very beautiful inspiration.. Who cannot love the layers and layers of charming colors and romance. You do so well at selling a product too!!! On my way to creating a list. Thank you for your sharing the fun you have creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious creations - what a wonderful focus post.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling here over your fabulous creations, Nancy. I may just have to snatch up one of each of those die before my customers buy them all - LOL! Love the look of the die cut designer paper!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming creations, so soft and romantic~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    What a beautiful selection of amazing tags you have share with us all today. As always, you have such a charming style full elegance with all of your creations and full,of inspiration too. I really LOVE the Spellbinders decorative label die that ou showcased, it is soooooo delicate and pretty.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Susanne
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete